Patient Management Perspectives in Otolaryngology
Editor: Daniel J. Kirse, MD
Patient Management Perspectives in Otolaryngology (PMP) offers subscribers the opportunity to hone decision-making skills through full management of an individual patient from presentation to discharge and follow-up in an interactive question-and-answer format with immediate feedback on each choice made. The problem presented is designed to heighten physician awareness of the current range of possibilities for diagnosis and management. Like a real-life clinical problem, the simulation must be solved by a series of inquiries, decisions, and actions.
Highlights of PMP
For a demo click here.
- Clinical case scenarios take you from evaluation to diagnosis, treatment, and outcomes
- Color images to enhance the learning experience
- Self-assessment opportunities throughout the activity
- Management discussion provided by the authors
- Essential reading list for future reference
AAO-HNSF’s education activities are designed to improve healthcare provider competence through lifelong learning. The Foundation focuses its education activities on the needs of providers within the specialized scope of practice of otolaryngologists. Emphasis is placed on practice gaps and education needs identified within eight subspecialties. Patient Management Perspectives in Otolaryngology develops issue content that addresses these gaps and needs within all subspecialties.
The primary audience for this activity is physicians and physicians-in-training who specialize in otolaryngology-head and neck surgery.
Overall PMP Outcome Objectives
- Increase knowledge of the most current research advances and medical practices in otolaryngology-head and neck surgery
- Maintain greater competence in performing diagnostic and treatment measures to provide quality service to patients
- Improve practice skills, abilities, and strategies for high-quality, evidence-based standards of otolaryngology healthcare delivery
Patient Management Perspectives in Otolaryngology is available on CD-ROM, as an internet-based activity, and in print. All three media include case scenarios, self assessment components, and management discussion sections. This subscription-based activity is released in volumes of eight issues. Participants subscribe on an annual basis.
The American Academy of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery Foundation (AAO- HNSF) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The AAO-HNSF designates this enduring material for 8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ per issue (8 issues per volume). Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
PMP is an official publication of the American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery Foundation.